So what does a dehumidifier do?
Essentially, it does exactly what it says. A dehumidifier removes moisture from the atmosphere making it less humid.
So why would we need one of these here in the UK?
Although the UK doesn’t have a particularly humid environment, a lot of internal places like kitchens, bathrooms and small flats can be humid. This is mainly down to inadequate ventilation and these places are breeding grounds for dust mites, mould and mildew. All of these are well known as allergy triggers. Allergy symptoms can range from blocked noses, watery eyes and sneezing to skin rashes and other irritations.
So what are the benefits of a dehumidifier? Here are a few for you:
- They reduce humidity levels making your home less susceptible to dust mites, mould and mildew.
- Dehumidifiers run quietly in the background – you’d hardly know it was there.
- They help to reduce odours caused by mould, getting rid of that “musty” smell.
- A dehumidifier can reduce the possibility of mould forming on your clothes, furniture and other fabrics.
- They benefit your health by helping reduce the number of allergens in the air.
- Less humidity means clothing will dry faster and foods will stay fresher longer.
- It helps to reduce dust, therefore you won’t have to clean as often.
- It lowers energy costs if you have air conditioning. AC’s both cool the air and remove moisture so if there is less moisture, it will be more efficient.
So how to you know if you need a dehumidifier? Here are some of the common signs:
- Water stains on your walls or ceilings.
- You have rooms with no windows or ventilation.
- Frequent condensation on the inside of your windows.
- Small black spots on your walls, ceilings or in your bathroom or kitchen.
- Musty smell.
If you have any of these signs, get down to Dyson Doctor today and grab yourself a dehumidifier bargain!
Visit our Facebook page
Send us a message using the button below or call us today on 01706 369986, 8-5 Monday to Saturday.